Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Psalm 48:9

By: Adam McClendon
www.newlineministries.com



The following is a poem written out of a meditation on Psalm 48:9.  Enjoy.

Psalm 48:9
"Within your temple, O God,
we meditate on your unfailing love."


Acknowledging Your Presence, I enter in

Despite myself, my life, my sin

Humbly with my face bent down

You place on me Your royal crown

For as Your son, You let me in

To meet with You as son and friend

I sit and think while in this state

To listen in silence to meditate

Upon your love which will not fail

Despite my efforts which seems so frail

Your love lasts, it outlasts time

It covers and floods this soul of mine

Your care, Your touch carry it

To my life which seems unfit

Despite my state You act in love

To set my eyes on You above

It’s for Your glory and my best

You pull me close upon your chest

Discipline and mercy are loving grace

To set my feet firm in their place

So You in me and I in You

Until this world I bid adieu

1 comment:

New Line Ministries reserves the right to edit or remove comments.